A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day aka Post Op Day 4

Yesterday was my best day yet.  I made it through the entire day without napping - though by 9pm last night I was pretty exhausted.  Plus - no Lortab!  I got in all of my protein with this menu:



  • Breakfast - 1 egg
  • mid-morning snack - 4 oz 15 calorie peach juice + fuzzy navel Nectar protein supplement
  • Lunch - 1/4 c sf/ff banana pudding made with skim milk + 1T PB2 (YUMMY!)
  • mid-afternoon snack - 4 oz skim soy milk + 1/2 scoop cappuccino Nectar protein supplement
  • Dinner - 3.5 oz tomato soup + 1 packet unflavored Unjury protein supplement
  • evening snack - 4 oz skim soy milk + 1/2 scoop cappuccino Nectar protein supplement



CME being silly trying the yummy banana pudding/PB2 mixture.

Though I sipped on water all day long, I'm still falling short there.  (Side note...my youngest son is the comedian of the house.  I probably would have had a bit more water if he hadn't poked small holes around the entire top of the bottle so I wore as much as a I drank!  The humor way outweighed the irritation that it could have caused!)  After forcing myself to eat/drink basically every two hours, I am really having a difficult time getting it all down.  Truly the times I "feel" best is when I've not had anything to drink/eat for a while.  Like when I first wake up.  I know that will change, and I know that I must eat.  I'm just letting you know what feels best right now.  

As I was logging all my food intake yesterday and going back over some of the information in my education manual, someone said, "You just want to be their little overachiever that they refer to in meetings, huh?"  Though I know it was said with a supportive and positive meaning, that's not what I'm trying to do at all.  I want to do the very best I can at this process because I want others to see that God has equipped me and that He is the one who deserves the glory in this.  

Other happenings on Mother's Day... my oldest daughter and her hubby stopped by for a while.  My gift was cute...it was "Gigi" things.  She's due to deliver our first grandchild soon so she decided to bring me things like bibs about grandma and such.  :)  My boys got me a license plate that says "#1 Mom" for my car and my youngest made me a homemade card filled with love.  My youngest daughter called (since she lives a couple hours away) and my parents came in for a while when they dropped off the boys after church.  (I wasn't sure I was up to going to church yesterday - but seriously I miss those times!)  CME made me cry with one of the sweetest cards ever.  He and I also took a nice stroll down the street.  Not sure of the exact distance, but much more than I've walked post-op.  Yes, yesterday was my best day yet.  


I've been up since about 6:45 this morning to try to start the routine.  In the past hour, I've had my morning vitamins and about 6 ounces of diet cran-apple juice.  (It counts toward my "water" intake.)  At about 8:30 I'll fix breakfast (have to wait 30 minutes after drinking anything) and be off on another day...

I want to leave this one thought with you.  As we (regardless of weight) struggle with the thoughts of being worthy or charming or beautiful, listen to God's words.  One of my best friends sent me this yesterday as my Mother's Day greeting:
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.  Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.  Honor her for all that her hands have done and let her works bring her praise at the city gate"  ~ Proverbs 31:29
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment