A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Good Reason I Didn't Post Yesterday!

Really, I can't think of a better reason not to update after my appointment with surgeon, RD, LCSW.  I'm a new Gigi!  (grandma!) I'll get to more of that later...


The appointment went well.  Surgeon is pleased at how I'm progressing.  Incisions look good, weight loss is good, pain is practically non-existent.  I did talk to him about the things I mentioned in my previous post.  He said the fatigue is normal at this stage and that sometimes when "young" (heh...he referred to me as young) people have this surgery we tend to think we will be up and running in a week, yet our bodies have gone through a traumatic major surgery.  He reminded me that our bodies truly need time to heal.  The whole thing with the raised hands didn't seem to concern him since I'm not experiencing chest pains or shortness of breath.  I was told to let him know at the next visit if it's not gotten any better and if not, then we can do a blood draw to check iron levels.  But basically he told me to be patient.


The burping/belching/gas thing.  Again, normal.  I was told that some patients are more sensitive to it and that could be the case, but if the Gas-X strips are working to continue using them.  Surgeon and RD both say it should subside over time.  Communion - it's an okay thing.  That made me feel a lot better.  I know I probably freaked out about it before, but I didn't want to have a problem in the middle of church!


They told me I can advance to the "pureed" food stage.  That opens up new foods like canned chicken / canned tuna, fresh or canned fruit in natural juices, soft cooked vegetables, etc.  The possibilities excite me!


All of that said, my potential return to work date is June 6 - which is 4 weeks after surgery.  It feels like the right date.  I have another appointment with surgeon on 5/30 so if anything changes, he can modify that date if need be.


After my appointment, I came home and packed all the stuff I would need and spent the next 12 hours at the hospital with my daughter and son-in-law.  After many hours of non-progressive labor, little miss Bella Dawn was delivered by c-section at 8:47pm.  Gigi was holding her by 10:15 or so!  She is absolutely precious and truly a gift from God!  This scripture comes to mind when I think of her...


Psalm 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


Welcome to the world, precious little miracle!  Gigi loves you!



________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Gigi:):) She is beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures!

    Love you,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete