A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Slow Starting This Morning

I had every intention of getting up early to get my boys off to school.  I woke the first one for his shower and crawled back into bed.  I didn't wake up until over 2 hours later - after CME had gotten up and made sure they got where they needed to be.  I am so incredibly blessed to have him!


I must have needed the extra sleep.  I didn't sleep well the night before.  A lot of tossing and turning and up and down.  Took a jaunt out to Lowe's with CME to get a few things for around the house.  We parked in the back of the parking lot and walked around quite a bit.  No, it wasn't a fast-paced walk, but any walking is better than none.  I'm still finding myself getting weak after what I consider little things.  The heat in the kitchen while I was trying to help make the family dinner made me almost queasy.  I feel like my heart beats extra hard after even some of the smallest activities.  I found a few gastric bypass forums and it looks like it's normal, but I guess I wasn't expecting it.


Food/fluid intake was much better yesterday.  Partly because I listened to CME and took some Gas-X strips which relieved a lot of the "pressure" I was feeling. [He's so smart.]  I think the other part of it was that I had more time over the day.  I'm a bit worried about today because of already getting a late start.  We'll see how it goes.


I received a call from the company that manages our short term disability.  I was shocked to hear the representative say that I've been approved to be out 4-6 weeks which puts me on STD through June 24!  It got my mind swirling.  Seriously.  I can't be out that long.  The final changes for my department happen June 1.  After that time, it's just down to 2 of us and my co-worker has already planned (and paid for) a Florida vacation the second week of June.  Plus, I have my own "vacation" planned for July...  Though emotionally and physically I think it would be nice to have the extra time off to be able to heal in both those ways,  I just don't see how I can do that.  I want to call my boss because I know that as soon as I was notified, so was he.  I'm not sure I have the energy to do that today or not.  I've got a follow-up appt with surgeon on Monday. I guess I can discuss more with him at that time.  


I'm going to go shower and get things moving today.  Some good quiet time for prayer is needed!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. Official Husband Reply

    I don't give a flying **** about (employer).

    Really, what your insurance said is actually a really really good thing. It allows you and your doctor to have an honest discussion about when you are able to go back without the pressure of insurance running out. Realize that their decision was based off an objective look at things like your fainting, blood transfusion, and the surgery in general. They show from their experience that you will need that amount of time. They might be right.

    But, remember, you are not the CEO of your work. You are not responsible for anything that goes on there right now. After receiving this news they might decide to keep another person on for awhile. You already mentioned that the workload would be enough for a third person anyway. They might decide to just do without and just shuffle the workload around a but while you are gone. Either way, IT IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM.

    Your time off is to concentrate on getting better. If you go back to work early, you could actually be worse off, perform poorly at work, and need time off again. Do the smart thing and just talk to your doctor and take the time off as needed.

    Repeat just because I guarantee you ignored it the first time: "I don't give a flying **** about (employer)."

    ReplyDelete