A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

On Fire!

I'm on Fire!!!  With Mother's Day right around the corner and AFTER my surgery, CME decided to go ahead and give me my "Mother of my Children" present (since I'm not his mother!).  Much to my surprise, I was given a Kindle Fire!  I'm stoked!  Two things...first, I'll have something to help pass some of the time at the hospital and second, I might be able to update my blog (once I figure out how to work it) from the hospital! Woot!


I've got an appointment with surgeon tomorrow for final instructions, blood draw, etc.  It's almost here!  I have to be at the hospital at 0630 on Wednesday and the surgery will begin at 0830.  From what I've been told the procedure will take roughly two to two-and-a-half hours then an hour in recovery.  If all goes as planned (and I'm planning for no complications) I will be released from the hospital sometime Friday.  


Tomorrow, I want to sit down and make list of my meals for the first two weeks at home.  I really don't want to have to think about what to fix while I'm trying to adjust to everything. I actually want a menu waiting for me when I get home!  Please pray that I will have the motivation to get that done!!!


I'll do my best to get an entry on here as soon as possible after the surgery, but make no promises it will happen while at the hospital.  Though I'd like to think the new Kindle will give me the ability to do post right away, I don't want to make that my focus.  


Speaking of focus, I've had several people ask me if I'm nervous or anxious.  And truly the answer is no.  Yes, there are still some unknowns, but I'm not nervous or anxious in the least.  I'm amazingly calm.  I do believe it's because I am focusing on God's plan for me and this journey.  His plan to heal me...from obesity and from the emotional and spiritual mess that I've made of my life.  I believe His word that says, "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." ~Philippians 1:6 (NLT)





________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment